AusCTW 2018 is pleased to offer about 10-15 travel grants to students who will register and attend AusCTW 2018 (early career researches are also encouraged to apply). The grants will be awarded on a competitive basis to a limited number of applicants who have a genuine need for financial support to attend AusCTW 2018. The amount may vary from case to case based on the available budget, travel distance and other relevant factors.
Applications now closed.
Congratulations to the following recipients. We look forward to seeing you at AusCTW!
- Noman Akbar, Australian National University
- Trang Ngoc Cao, University of Melbourne
- Yuting Fang, Australian National University
- Samiru Gayan Hewa Halpage, University of Melbourne
- Peng Kang, University of New South Wales
- Bryan Chen Liu, University of New South Wales
- Chunhui Li, Australian National University
- Ruide Li, University of New South Wales
- Yucheng Liu, Australian National University
- Bhathiya Maneendra Pilanawithana, University of Melbourne
- Muhammad Usman Riaz, University of New South Wales
- Mahyar Shirvanimoghadam, University of Sydney
- Amanthi Ratnayake Thudugalage, University of Melbourne
- Xiaowei Wu, University of New South Wales
- Yiran Wang, Australian National University
- Simin Xu, Australian National University
Grants Award Conditions
- The applicant must be a full-time student enrolled towards a Bachelor, Masters, or Ph.D. degree (or an early career researcher) in computer science, or in a field of engineering cognate to information and coding theory, in a college or university, at the time of submitting their application;
- The grant recipient must register at the appropriate rate for AusCTW 2018 and attend AusCTW 2018 in person;
- Reimbursement will only be made as long as the award recipient submits the expense report (original receipts and their bank account details) within 30 days after AusCTW 2018.
How to apply
Applications now closed
The organizers will:
- Make the decision by 8 December 2017. The travel grant awardees will be notified by email.
- Publish successful applicants’ names on the AusCTW 2018 web page.
- Distribute the travel grants to the award recipient’s bank accounts as long as they submit the expense report (original receipts and their bank account details) within 30 days after AusCTW 2018.
Once an acceptance notice is received, the grant recipient must:
- Make their own travel arrangements and pay for the registration at the appropriate rate, and then submit their expense report (original receipts and their bank statements) within 30 days after AusCTW 2018.
- Obtain a visa to visit Australia and attend AusCTW 2018, if applicable.
- The typical grant support is up to $400. Applicants can apply for a different amount. In any case, the travel grant selection committee reserves the right to award an amount lower than requested.
- The grants can only be used to cover the travel expenses and registration fee to attend AusCTW 2018.
- Non-student applicants, such as early career researchers, who also need financial support to attend AusCTW 2018, are encouraged to apply. The travel grant selection committee will carefully consider the merits of each case.
Please email any further questions to email@example.com